Bath Marketing Consultancy has been asked a number of questions recently about the word “brand.” These questions usually relate to whether a logo is a brand or whether a brand is more than that and if so, what?
Therefore, below is my take on what makes up a brand and, if you invest time, money and resources into your brand, you are very likely to reap the rewards. A brand will be made up of a collection of different perceptions that will have been built up after exposure to every aspect of your business. This can be a myriad of different things:
- Product design and experience
- Sales experience – your sales people or distributors
- Service experience – during the sale and after
- Advertising messages and straplines
- The way you look and sound – imagery, colour, fonts, personality and tone
- Your website, blogs or mentions on social networking sites
- The price, and how you discount
- Your reputation
- The shop, office or factory experience
- Uniform, badges, vans and trucks
- Your people
- The logo
- Your name
Bath Marketing Consultancy is an expert at developing, building and then marketing brands so please let us know if you need any help.