According to a recent Nielsen consumer survey:
- 86.3% of people indicated the Internet is now vital to their lifestyle
- 74% of people determine who to do business with locally using online computerised search engines such as Google and Yahoo
- 50% use Internet yellow pages to find new and existing products and services
- 65% still use printed yellow pages
The Internet is now the most popular way your existing and potential new customers use to find you. The survey also found:
- 67% prefer online yellow pages to traditional printed books
- 84% say using the Internet is a much faster way to find local businesses
- 63% say the business listings on the Internet are more current
- 86% had already used the Internet to find a local business
- 78% use the Internet more today than they did last year (Internet usage is still growing)
- 52% use the printed yellow pages LESS than they did two years ago
- Of those who indicated Internet use is vital, 90% had used the Internet to search for local businesses
- 80% of Internet users research their purchases online and 70% then buy within 20 minutes from home
Did you know that your existing clients and neighbours are using online directories instead of the yellow pages telephone book to look up phone numbers and find new businesses?
Get your business listed locally and reap the rewards!