From my Twitter post today. The 5 “i’s” that make up a successful radio campaign are:
- Involvement – will it draw in listeners?
- Identity – will listeners know who the ad is about?
- Impression – will listeners get the right impression of the brand?
- Information – will the listener understand what the ad is saying?
- Integration – if the ad is part of a wider campaign, will the listener make the connection?
As with ads that run in the press, it may be possible to haggle on the price of radio advertising and my suggestion is to get a price based on the potential of long running campaign.