While undergoing numerous sales training courses when I was working at the Sunday Times and then Miller Freeman, I was always told to :
- Say what you’re going to say
- Say it
- Say what you’ve said
…in other words, remove uncertainty at the start, move on to the detail and then drive the message home via repetition!
- Try and avoid showing an organisational chart.
- Use case histories/studies to reiterate your point, but be careful not to give any sensitive information away.
- DON’T lie!
- Prepare, prepare, prepare!!
- Rehearse, rehearse, rehearse!!
- Try and pre-empt any questions and harmonize your answers.
Finally, make sure that you demonstrate how you and your organisation can help the client i.e. outline the benefits NOT the techniques you will use.
More on how to use props and the actual steps to take during the pitch later in the week. If you have any comments or questions, please leave them below or get in touch with Bath Marketing Consultancy direct via the website.